Sights - The shimmering outer walls, buildings in exotic styles. The occasional creator or no man's land.
Smells - Like a hundred alien cities smashed together. Lingering weapon discharges.
People - Alien "ambassadors" fallen on hard times because contact home has been cut off / never existed. The only profession open to them is violence. They have formed into large, multiracial, mercenary companies. A fair number of humans, unable to fit in to the city proper, have joined up.
Mercenary companies. (1d4)
- Fragan's Freewheelers - Made up entirely of wheeled aliens. They operate mostly on the highway, but you're never really safe from cyborg motorcycles.
- Straven's Sharpshooters- Expert marksmen who credit bizarre superstitions for their talent. They have been know to take shots before before they sign a contract, sealing the deal while the missile flies through the air.
- Gakgrog's Goliaths - All members are fitted with hooks and straps that allow them to assemble into giants.
- Blask's Bludgeons - a group of mercenary monks dedicated to the art of hitting people with sticks.
- The central bureau of centralization. The people will be more rules obsessed.
- Omnipotent super being, really just a con man way over his head. To keep control, he plays factions against each other.
- A super intelligent kaiju in a giant pavilion. The citizens have a weird mix of panic and ingenuity.
- A cult of a dark god holds sway. Its a cynical ploy to use religion to control the masses, but their rites and devotion have attracted the attention of a swarm of real gods. There are dozens of hidden cults in the shadow of the state church.
- A group mind. Participation is mandatory but transitory. At any one time about a thousand people are hooked up together. Unfortunately the mind has pick up a mental disease and its spreading it throughout the city.
- Black Hole Incorporated, A megacorp that controls the the city through its subsidiaries. A mercenary attitude pervades the city. Everything is for sale.
- A benevolent alien race provides everything for the populace. Soon the harvest begins. Everyone is fat and happy.
- Libertarian hellhole.